I'm so grateful for an adventurous husband. He got us all out today and
we went swimming. I'm not a big fan of public pools or crowds so as we
arrived today I had to keep reminding myself that my children were
going to have a great time. All said & done I had as much fun as
the kids and wasn't overly annoyed with the crowds. It was Priya's
first experience in a swimming pool and she really enjoyed herself.
Porter had a crazy good time going down the slide over and over
screaming in pure delight every time. Priya is fearless like always.
She was following Porter's lead quickly and only after watching a few
times was jumping in on the count of 3. She loved playing in all the
different fountains. I really loved that we got to finally see her in
the darling $3 clearance swim suit I bought her this winter. It was a
great way to spend the Saturday together. Porter had a really hard time
leaving. He didn't throw a fit, but there were crocodile tears as we
walked out. Aaron's response to that, "I guess that means we need to
come more often." I have to agree.
 |
| This is right as we put her in. Don't you love those lips pressed into a perfectly shaped O?! |
 |
| "Wow"s and "Yay"s were in abundance. |
 |
| We didn't get any pics of P at the pool but here's the proof that he swam hard. We had just brought him in from the car. I think he'll sleep well tonight. |
 |
| This silly little lip whistle is Priya's new favorite toy. Makes me laugh out loud every time. |
Speaking of things that have created a splash in my life, let's talk about Downton Abbey... A few weeks ago I got a phone call from my sister saying, "I found this show and I think you're going to like it. It's called Downton Abbey." She warned me about some content in the first episode that she thought might deter my interest, but encouraged me to watch anyways because it was brief. Well I don't have free time often and didn't take her advise until one afternoon I had a mountain of laundry to fold. So I found it on Netflix. Um.. yeah... it's not often I get OBSESSED over something but that's where I'm at. Just ask Aaron. I finished season 1 a few days ago and started season 2 online on the PBS website. Aaron made a teasing comment at me this morning about it and I kindly reminded him that I do this once in a blue moon and that it's one of the things that he loves about me. He just smiled because it's true; I don't do it often but sometimes I find something so great I can't stop. I'm so bummed that I have to do homework tonight instead of watch, but alas I've procrastinated as long as possible. Hopefully, I'm not the only one with this addiction. As a disclaimer I've been really busy this last week and it's only been the last 48 hours that I've been sneaking off to get a fix. I did take 4 hours to go swimming with the fam so I'm not completely off the deep end. :)
3 comments:
looks like swimming was a blast! And I totally want to hear about your classes! It was great chatting yesterday, love ya.
I am so obsessed with Downton Abbey too! After camp meeting last night, we stayed up way too late to watch Ep. 1 of Season 2. Soooo good!!
And your swimming photos are totally cute.
I've been hearing that everyone is obsessed with that show! And my friend told me that I look like the head maid or something? lol.
Post a Comment