- traveling both ways without having to stop. That doesn't mean there wasn't whining, crying and complaining from our kids. It just means they did much better than last time and we didn't have to stop for them. We also traveled late in hopes that they'd sleep most the way and they did.
- Grandma was so sweet and stayed up until 11p.m. to greet us!
- We joined Grandpa Don on his morning hike and Porter walked most of the way.
- The weather was so nice. Like early spring up here. Lots of sunshine, cool breezes and warmth from the sun.
- We took advantage of the great weather Saturday and explored one of the local run, walk, bike trails. Aaron left wanting to live down there again because of the weather and the amazing running trails. I enjoyed walking with my Sister-In-Laws and chatting up a storm. P enjoyed his stroller ride. My little family all left with a little smooch from the sun after that morning. I'm not complaining.
- We went to Texas Road House for the biggest birthday dinner I've ever been too. Our kid's ate their weight in sweet potato, corn and pulled pork. They both were very well behaved. Thanks to Shelly for reminding me as much.
- On Sunday we attended the blessing of Aaron's cousin Lisa's baby, Carter. It was a beautiful blessing and he is a darling little baby boy. I'm always grateful that when Aaron gets the look and wave to join a circle that he can.
- We celebrated Carter's blessing with all of his Family, which was a large group. Carter's Grandparents graciously feed us all. I looked around at their family and all the wonderful people in the room. I watched Aaron's cousin's families who's children are just a little older than ours and I realized how quickly our children will group up on us. It's hard for me to imagine them being anything other than my babies. It will be an adventure for sure.
- Every time I turned around Aaron's family was trying to teach Priya how to walk. Making me realize I should probably put some effort into helping her learn. That or take her to visit them more often.
- It was a nice relaxing trip and always nice to see his Grandparents.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Weekend Report
This last weekend we got to visit Aaron's Grandparent's in St. George. We were lucky enough to be there the same time as Aaron's Parents, Rachael & Tyler, and Devanee and Micah (although, I never saw him once). We packed the camera but forgot to get it out so I just want to take a second and write down the highlights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So glad I got to spend my birthday weekend with you guys! Can't think of a better way to spend it :) Loves.
sounds so fun! Jealous of the warm weather!
Post a Comment